02 May 2023
Join our Finance Team
- Cambrian Credit Union
- Rhyl office (North Wales)
- Contract, Part Time
- Salary of £24,279 FTE (Pro rated). Flex avail with hours & generous holiday
Finance and Compliance Assistant – 25 hours per week which can be worked flexibly across Monday to Friday.
Cambrian Credit Union is a community owned and controlled financial cooperative, providing a wide range of practical, affordable, and straightforward financial services to everyone. As a social enterprise, Cambrian strive to improve and enhance the social, financial, and economic well-being of members by promoting sensible savings and prudent borrowing.
With a network of 4 branches in Wales, the solutions focused team are passionate about treating people as individuals and take pride delivering a friendly and helpful service.
The Role – Finance and Compliance Assistant
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for a team of up to 2 Member Service Officers, and together will deliver a high quality back office service for our members. Your duties will include:
- Preparing reports, budgets, commentaries and financial statements
- Undertaking financial administration
- Undertaking compliance administration checks
- Assisting with the control and forecasting of income and expenditure
- Assisting with the analysis of financial performance and forecasting longer term horizons
- Deputising for the Finance Manager when necessary
- Maintaining records and supporting auditing efforts
The Package - Finance and Compliance Assistant
Your professional development goals will be listened to, with ongoing training encouraged and support available, you’ll also benefit from:
- Salary of £24,179 pro rata
- 28 days annual leave (pro rata) inclusive of bank holidays, rising incrementally with length of service to a maximum of 33 days (pro rata) inclusive of bank holidays
- An additional days leave during the Christmas annual leave period
- Enhanced sick pay
- Staff loan rate
- Annual employee bonus scheme
- Enhanced employee assist programme
- Staff uniform
Working in our Rhyl office, you’ll be employed on a fixed-term maternity cover contract for 12 months, working 25 hours per week which can be worked flexibly across Monday to Friday.
Our Requirements – Finance and Compliance Assistant
- AAT level 3 or equivalent financial qualification, or have proven experience in a similar role
- Exceptional communication skills
- Organised with strong attention to detail
- Analytical thinking skills
- Computer literate and numbers focused
- Ability to perform effectively under pressure and work to deadlines
Although not essential, experience of leading a team would be advantageous, as would knowledge of finance regulations and legislation, preferably applicable for credit unions.
Please forward you CV to email@example.com referencing - Part Time Finance and Compliance Assistant