20 July 2023
Apprenticeship positions available
We are currently recruiting for a Member Service Officer Apprenticeship position within our organisation.
Cambrian Credit Union (CCU) is a community owned and controlled financial cooperative, providing a wide range of practical, affordable, and straightforward financial services to everyone. As a social enterprise, Cambrian strive to improve and enhance the social, financial, and economic well-being of members by promoting sensible savings and prudent borrowing. With a network of 5 branches in Wales, the solutions focused team are passionate about treating people as individuals and take pride delivering a friendly and helpful service.
Member Service Officer (Customer Service)
If you have excellent customer service skills and you’re looking to gain experience in the financial sector, where you’ll be fully supported and trained to develop your knowledge and skills to shine, read on to find out more about this superb opportunity to join the largest credit union in Wales.
The Role - Member Service Officer (Customer Service)
Reporting to and supported by the Office Manager, you'll be a valued member of the team and the face of Cambrian for many of the members. From processing member transactions to identifying sales referrals, you'll help members and your branch succeed.
You will receive comprehensive training to support you in carrying out the following duties:
- Assisting with member queries and transactions both over the phone and face to face
- Processing member transactions
- Identifying member needs and making relevant sales referrals
Our Requirements – Member Service Officer (Customer Service)
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills, with a helpful and professional manner
- Solutions focused and keen to achieve results working collaboratively with colleagues
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills
- Diligent with a high level of numeracy skills and attention to detail
- Computer literacy with accurate and timely data entry skills
- Strong desire and ability to learn new things
- Enthusiasm and proactive approach to work
- Ability to multi-task and perform effectively under pressure
Although not essential, experience gained within a financial institution or similar would be highly advantageous.
Your professional development goals will be listened to, with ongoing training through Llandrillo College and support available. In addition, you will benefit from:
- Permanent contract, working 35 hours per week.
- Apprenticeship scale awarded
- 28 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays, (pro rata for part time staff)
- An additional day’s leave during the Christmas annual leave period
- Enhanced sick pay
- Staff loan rate
- Employee reward scheme
- Enhanced employee assist programme
- Staff uniform
You will work at the Rhyl office, there may be a requirement to cover at other locations during busy periods or for holiday cover.
To apply please forward you CV to Ann.Francis@cambriancu.com referencing - Apprenticeship position Loans Administrator or Apprenticeship position Member Service Officer