Tenancy Saver Loan
ARE YOU A PRIVATE RENTED SECTOR TENANT?
HAS COVID-19 LEFT YOU STRUGGLING TO PAY YOUR RENT?
You may be eligible to apply for a low interest Credit Union loan (APR of 1%) through the Tenancy Savings Loan scheme. The loan will be paid directly to your landlord or agent to pay your rent arrears, and you will be able to pay it back to the Credit Union over a period of up to five years.
Cambrian Credit Union is working with other Welsh Credit Unions and the Welsh Government to help people who have got behind with their rent as a result of the pandemic.
Cambrian Credit Union Saver Loan is an unsecured loan for tenants who:
- You need to be a private sector tenant living in Anglesey, Ceredigion, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Gwynedd, Pembrokeshire, Powys, Wrexham
- You must not have been in serious rent arrears before 1st March 2020
- You must have accrued rent arrears since 1st March 2020 as a result of the financial impact of the Covid-19 pandemic
- Your landlord or their agent must be registered under the Rent Smart Wales Scheme
- You are not receiving Housing Benefit or the Housing element of Universal Credit
If you qualify, we will verify the tenancy and make payment to your landlord once you have signed the loan agreement. Cambrian Credit Union is a fair, ethical and responsible provider of financial products and services covering the counties of Anglesey, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flint, Gwynedd, Powys and Wrexham.
To check eligibility please follow the Credit Unions of Wales link here .