Data Protection & Fair Processing
Cambrian Credit Union will process your data in accordance with your rights under the Data Protection Act 1998
Your information may be held and processed by Cambrian Credit Union in any form and on any database used by us for the following purposes:
- To consider any applications;
- To help us make credit decisions about you and anyone to whom you are linked financially or other members of your household;
- To deal with your account(s) or run any other services we provide to you;
- To undertake statistical analysis, financial risk assessment, money laundering checks (which may include telephoning you), compliance and regulatory reporting, fraud prevention and debt tracing;
- To help us identify products and services which may be of interest to you (unless you have asked us not to).
Your information may be shared with others for the following reasons:
- with our agents or subcontractors for operational reasons or contractor where we act as a Data Processor.
- with any person including but not limited to insurers who provide a service or benefit to you or for us in connection with your account(s);
- with a licensed credit reference agency in accordance with the Data Protection Act and terms of the Consumer Credit Act including the electoral register and data sharing;
- with fraud prevention and other agencies to prevent crime or where we suspect fraud;
- if we are compelled to do so by law;
- for the purpose of compliance and regulatory reporting and to confirm your identity for money laundering purposes which may include checking the electoral register;
Subject Access Rights
If you write to us and pay a fee of £10 you have the right to access your information held by us. You also have a right of access to your information held by credit reference agencies on payment of a fee to them. If you ask we will tell you the name and address of the credit reference agencies we may use.