01 July 2021
WE ARE HIRING!
WHY NOT JOIN OUR TEAM?
We are currently recruiting for a Credit control officer to join our team at our Llandudno Junction office. If you wish
Credit Control Officer
Permanent, Part Time
Salary of FTE £20,884 pro rata (equivalent to £10.71 per hour)
Part time, 22 hours per week within school hours)
Are you a highly resilient, organised, and proactive professional? If so, continue reading to find out more about this superb career opportunity to join the largest credit union in Wales.
Cambrian Credit Union (CCU) is a community owned and controlled financial cooperative, providing a wide range of practical, affordable, and straightforward financial services to everyone. As a social enterprise, Cambrian strive to improve and enhance the social, financial, and economic well-being of members by promoting sensible savings and prudent borrowing.
With a network of 5 branches in Wales, the solutions focused team are passionate about treating people as individuals and take pride delivering a friendly and helpful service.
The Role – Credit Control Officer
Reporting to the Team Leader, as a Credit Control Officer you will control the arrears on loans and recovering ‘Bad Debt’ which has been written off, in accordance with the processes and policies laid down by the Board of CCU. Your duties will include, although will not be limited to:
- Monitoring loan repayments daily.
- Contacting members via telephone, email and post.
- Discussing accounts with members in loan arrears to help with their debt problems and negotiate repayment plans in consultation with credit control.
- Deciding which loans require writing off in consultation with the Team Leader and signed off by General Manager.
- Thoroughly recording all actions taken to reduce arrears on the diary.
- Administering the recovery of written off loans through the small claims court, Eligible Loans Deduction Scheme, or the use of debt recovery agencies.
- Representing the Credit Union when taking the member through small claims court.
- Referring members with debt problems to organisations that can help them.
Our Requirements – Credit Control Officer
- Either have experience in debt management/collection/advice or credit control, or have considerable phone-based customer service/call centre experience and be resilient with confidence to pick up the phone to chase up outstanding payments
- Educated to at least GCSE level at grade C or above, or achieved a vocational qualification such as an NVQ
- Highly driven with a professional attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to take an assertive approach to achieve results when required
- A high level of verbal and written skills and attention to detail
- Superb planning and organisation skills with ability to effectively prioritise your workload and that of the greater team
- IT literate with at least basic working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
Your professional development goals will be listened to, with ongoing training encouraged and support available. In addition, you will benefit from:
- Permanent contract, working part time 22 hours per week, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday 9.30am to 3.30pm
- Salary of FTE £20,884 pro rata (equivalent to £10.71 per hour)
- 28 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays (pro rata), rising incrementally with length of service to a maximum of 33 days inclusive of bank holidays (pro rata)
- An additional day’s leave during the Christmas annual leave period
- Enhanced sick pay
- Staff loan rate
- Yearly employee bonus scheme
- Enhanced employee assist programme
- Staff uniform
- You will work at the Llandudno office, however there is a possibility for some remote working in the future.
All applications for this Credit Control Officer vacancy are to be submitted to email@example.com